The Cornells

Where we've been, what we're doing, and photos of the lot!

Maybe I should buy a waterproof one..?!

As Button's arrival becomes ever closer we are going to have to invest again in a Digital Camera. As documented on here in the past I don't have the best of records with Cameras (and electrical gadgets in general!), so I'm trying to be very choosey before investing in another one;

I've decided that it must be compact, preferably enough to fit into my pocket. I've been using my Bro's digi-cam recently, and being able to carry it round in your pocket makes so much sense.
Also don't want an overally expensive one, - apart from my history with then, technology changes so fast meaning they soon become out of date.
That said this camera meets these criteria and then some..! You will notice from the picture that it actually has two lenses. One for normal pics, then the other kicks in when you use the zoom function. Most impressive of all is that this results in 10x optical zoom, which is far more than 99% of other digi-cams on the market.
It also boasts Bluetooth meaning that pictures can be immediately transferred wirelessely to mobile phones etc. A very useful feature in my opinion.
Finally something that has always bugged the hell out of me with digi-cams is the shutter lag. i.e. the time it takes from when you press the button to when the actual photo is taken. It turns out that this varies massively from camera to camera but is rarely advertised as a feature. This table shows that the v610, scores very well in the category too.
I know we've got a shed load of Baby stuff to buy, but we also MUST have a camera. When the funds become available, this looks my choice so far.

Thanks to my boss, Jon for pointing me in the direction of this one :o)

0 comments: